What you must learn “Before You Quit Your Day Job”
This book is a must for anyone who wants to give themselves and their startup idea, the best chance of business success, without risking their career, reputation or relationships.
“Before You Quit Your Day Job” is written for you, the experienced professional, who has been thinking about building that great business idea, but hasn’t yet decided to make that ‘leap of faith’.
Building a new venture can be very challenging. I should know- I’ve done it 15 times so far.
You should strive to maximise your chances of success, whilst also protecting your life, career & family from the risks of building a great venture. There’s a lot at stake, and a lot to lose if you don’t get it right – probably more than you realise.
The good news is that an “Experienced Professional” has a substantially greater chance of creating a successful venture, (2-4 x compared to an inexperienced graduate), once they get into motion. However most never start because they can’t find the right help to address the risks associated with their life & obligations, such as “spouse, children and mortgage”.
This is not a book about business structures, tax planning, or 50 page business plans, or how to create the ‘perfect investor pitch’ (which I’ve never seen).
Like any structure, building a great venture is all about first building a solid foundation.
And I share how to do that by going against conventional thinking, showing you how to act strategically using innovation and contrarian-thinking, to help:-
- Map out a success strategy that works for you, from where you are, with what you have available to you right now
- Maximise your ‘success factors’; expertise, connections, credibility, industry/domain experience, capital, know-how & track-record
- Mitigate your personal risk factors (like personal & business runway), and your professional risk factors (like career & reputation)
- Leverage your networks and connections even whilst you remain “under the radar”
- To not make basic amateur mistakes that we, as mentors and investors, see everyday, and
- Focus on real-world ‘business factors’, which I’ve learned (the hard way), and are the simple difference between failure and “Massive Success” – The 8 key “Pillars”
And I’ll guide you through my 42 hidden “Laws of Venture Success” that I’ve discovered along the way, that will help prevent you from learning them like I did – the hard way.
Each and every one of them is just the length of a tweet, and yet if followed, will lead you on to certain success, throughout every area of your life, not just in your venture.
Throughout the book, I’ll share the wisdom and stories of success with you, of other great entrepreneurs and mentors that I’ve met along the way, who just happen to be a little further along the journey than you.
Below will shortly be a sample chapter from the book, which contains quite a few “hidden gems”, to inspire you to commit yourself to your “journey of purpose”.
And I’ll be following up in quick succession with 2 sequels, to help you strategise & prepare for what happens ‘during’ and “After you quit your day job”.
So whether you dream of building a worldwide massive success, or creating a great venture that gives you back your time and your life, I’ll show you how to “Break Free”, and become that great entrepreneur that you’ve always imagined.
“There is no such thing as failure, only learning how to succeed, whether in this venture or the next.” Daniel Mumby